Tuesday 18 May 2010

Shooting at home (again).


This next contact sheet shows a few images that I again shot at home, which were taken about a week ago (or thereabouts). On the advice of tutor I took a few photos of the money bank "in context", as well as taking a few more, the ideas for which popped into my bed prior to shooting.

I do not think that the lighting or the white balance is particularly brilliant in the first few, but I am nevertheless quite pleased with what I achieved here.

Placing a few coins from inside the money bank at the side of it was one of the ideas I had, and although I do think this has worked well, I think it would look better if the coins were in focus, as I do not think some of them here are.

I also took two photographs of me putting a coin into the money box, as though I was trying to save whatever little bit of money that I could find. This again was another idea that I came up with prior to shooting. I thought it would look good, and could potentially be used as a final image. I again quite like these two images, but I found it somewhat difficult to put the coin into the box, hold the camera and take a photo all at the same time, so both images look slightly out of focus. I am going to try doing this again, and will hopefully have more control over the camera!

Other photos I took here were of several little pots I have in my room. I tend to accumulate a lot of change [of the bronze type, sadly], which I just tend to chuck in whatever I can find; the pots shown here are two such things. I think these could be interpreted as keeping money wherever possible, no matter how small.

The last few photos on this contact sheet are of the job search page(s) in last week's edition of the Advertiser. When I think of being poor/having little or no money, I almost immediately think of looking for a job, as for me the two things go hand in hand. I used the modelling lamp mentioned in the previous post to light these photographs. I think these work well, but would look better if I had drawn a ring round some of the adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment