Tuesday 29 June 2010

Final Images.











The images included in this post are my final ones for the narrative brief. I hope that they will get across my idea for this brief without too many extra words being needed. The idea that I had was how being poor/not having much money can affect you as a person. These images show pennies being counted, realising that you do not have a lot of money to spare, so you look for a(nother) job, only to face rejection, after rejection, after rejection, and how a person might cope with this.

I have chosen to make my final images black & white, as I feel that this adds a different feeling to an image, and will hopefully heighten the sense of depression and despair that I was attempting to convey with these images. For the editing I simply duplicated the base, sharpened it, upped the curves if necessary, added more contrast, and then added a black & white adjustment layer.

The final five photographs of this set were taken at home, on Sunday the 27th of June (I have tried to make a contact sheet of them, but discovered that Photoshop CS4 rather annoyingly lacks the Contact Sheet function!). I quickly typed out a mock job rejection letter, and then printed four copies of it off. The images themselves were shot on my kitchen table, using natural light that came in through the window adjacent to the table. I prefer using natural light when possible, as I find it looks much better. My favourite images here are the very last one, of the whisky bottle and glass - I like the tones here, and the one which is third from last, showing the single glass of whisky placed on top of the letters. Again I like the tones here, but I also like the reflection that is being cast on to the paper from the glass itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment