Friday 25 June 2010

Small contact sheet


One of the ideas that I had for an image was to take a photograph of a computer screen, where the website open is a job search one. I felt that this would tie in nicely with my theme for this brief.

These photographs were taken at college, back in May. I used my 50mm lens on my camera when I took these, as I again wanted to get the wide depth of field that it creates. I am pleased with the effect that it has created here with these photographs.

The camera was set to black & white at the time, hence why these few photos are black & white. Again this is something that I think works well, and can add a certain atmosphere to a photograph. I am probably going to edit whichever images I choose to use as final ones to be black & white for this purpose.

I do not particularly like the angle of the very first photograph here, looking straight on and the computer screen. I feel that it takes up too much of the frame. The following three, that I shot whilst stood back from the Mac, at the side of it, work much better, and are not as "in your face" as the previous one is.

Overall I think that this image concept works, will fit in well with my idea for the brief, and I will more than likely be using one of these images as a final one.

No comments:

Post a Comment